Join the Council,
Make a Difference.
Serving Nashville’s HIV Community
Would you like to be a part of change? We hope you’ll consider serving the region’s HIV community with us.
The Planning Council is a community body established under the Federal Ryan White Part A program. While anyone can apply to become a member of the Planning Council, all members are officially appointed by the Mayor of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County.
Our Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing policies and council operations.
- Assessing needs.
- Comprehensive planning.
- Setting priorities and allocating resources to service categories.
- Providing guidance (directives) on how to best meet priorities.
- Helping to ensure coordination with other planning bodies.
- Developing standards of care.
Fill out our membership application.
How You Can Make a Difference
- Attend a public Council meeting (typically the third Tuesday of each month).
- Join the Planning Council.
- Join a Planning Council Committee (committees include: Needs Assessment, Priority Setting & Resource Allocation, and Standards of Care).
Become a Planning Council Member.
The Membership Committee of the Planning Council is currently seeking applications for Planning Council Membership that would represent the following criteria:
- Health care provider, including federally qualified health centers (FQHC).*
- Social service providers, including housing & homeless service providers.*
- Hospital planning agencies or other health care planning agencies.*
- Formerly incarcerated PLWH or their representatives.*
- Substance Abuse.*
- Youth serving organization.
- Aging services organization.
* Federally required categories for representation.
All applications will be assessed by the Membership Committee of the Planning Council against the needs of the Planning Council. Membership eligibility is determined by the needs of the council, federal guidance and council bylaws.
Any applications to join the Planning Council as a service provider that do not meet the recruitment needs of the Planning Council as stated above will automatically be considered for committee membership.